Shirdi Sai Baba Centre (Singapore)
Given below is the sequence of events
leading to the setting up and dissolution
of our society, having achieved our
- On 28 June 2004 a Sai Sevak creates a
Yahoo Group to search for like-minded
people desiring to create a Shirdi Sai Baba
Centre in Singapore.
- On 28 October 2004 another Sai Sevak joins
the Yahoo Group and gets in touch with him.
- They meet and discuss how to proceed. It is
decided that the Society would devote its
energies to celebrating the life and teachings
of Shirdi Sai Baba only.
- Devotees are contacted and the minimum 10
members needed to incorporate a Society in
Singapore are identified.
- The incorporation process takes many
months in finalising the constitution and the
approval process. Finally, on 2 June 2005,
the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) in
Singapore accords us their approval ("Shirdi
Sai Baba Sansthan (Singapore)" ROS
- We decide to commence our activities with
the first Bhajan (prayer session) being
conducted on 26 November 2005 with a
decision to do this on a weekly basis on
- Our first AGM is held on 19 March 2006 and a
new management committee is elected.
- Thanks to the efforts of a third party, the 3rd
floor function hall of the Sri Vadapathira
Kaliamman temple is secured and converted
to a full fledged exclusive Shirdi Sai worship
- At an EGM held on 20 January 2007, it is
concluded that the existence of the Society is
now superfluous. A resolution is passed to
dissolve the Society.